Tuesday, July 03, 2007

I'd LOVE to pay my own rent.

I had a life shattering crisis last week and Mike basically had to put me on suicide watch, but I'm better now. The stress of job searching got the better of me, I suppose. I'm well aware of the fact that in this industry I have to start at the bottom and work my way up, but if I want to write and do improv, then what the hell is the point in taking a job that gives me no time for writing and comedy?

I got a call for a job I really want. This happened Friday. I was away from my desk, and as soon as I got the message, I called the lady back. No answer. Called all day yesterday. No answer. Today? No answer. Perhaps she is out of the office because of the holiday? Let's hope.

I also interviewed at Deal or No Deal, but haven't heard back. I would take the job if I got it, but I'm not going to cry if I don't. Also got a call from a new crossword puzzle game show. Finding a job can take time, and considering the leads and interviews I've gotten in only a few weeks, things are going pretty damn well. However, I'm also broke and need to start working. And I need insurance. I've seriously considered quitting both internships and getting a random job just to make money, but I want to continue my ties at Weinstein, especially with my wonderful boss who is responsible for most of the interviews I've gotten. I'll work a few days a week at Weinstein, quit Offspring, and get a part time job for Thurs-Sun.

Mille and Jeff came this weekend! It was lots of fun. Friday night we went to this awesome little bar in Los Feliz and met our friend Maggie. Saturday I had improv (passed! Got accepted to the next level!) and then we went to a cemetery screening. It's pretty much the coolest thing ever. They play movies on a huge screen, similar to Grant Park, only it's in the Hollywood Forever cemetery. The movie was Roman Holiday. Dani would have LOVED the whole experience.

Sunday was DISNEYLAND!!!!!! Tons of fun. Lots of pictures. We rode everything twice. Except for Finding Nemo, which was far too long of a wait. I wouldn't stand in line for 2 hours to go on a real submarine, so I sure as shit won't do it for a pretend one that doesn't even fully submerge. While we were waiting in line for Indiana Jones (my all time favorite Disney ride at any park ever), some small creature flew into my face. I kinda freaked out, you know, since something flew into my face. It then fell down my chest and got stuck in my shirt. And do you wanna know what it was???

A baby bird. An adorable little chirping birdie.

The people around me in line were pissed that I swatted at it. But I didn't know it was a baby bird! If some strange flying creature flew into your fave, what would you do?

Jeff is gone. Millie is here till Thursday. I'm back at work. It's dead today because every other studio and production company has a half day, so I'm just chillin.

Still no internet at home. Hence, no blogs ever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so behind! Can we watch movies in the cemetery when I visit? (If I ever have money to visit, that is.)

ps, the brits are so rude! But in an amusing sort of way. On the train yesterday, some foreign lady bought the wrong ticket and didn't understand, but all the ticket guy kept saying was, "I know you don't understand me, IT DOESN'T MATTER. You can't be here."