Most people only blog to complain. It's kind of like that word-of-mouth "fact" they tell you during orientation for a shitty retail job. People are ten times more likely to share a bad experience with other people than a good one. See, maybe it's just the fact that I'm obnoxiously vain and can't stop talking about myself (although I prefer the term "natural born storyteller"), but I think I'm just as likely to share a good or bad experience, as long as it's about me.
Sure, there's plenty of things in my life I could bitch about. I live on the other side of the country from my family. No matter how often I make a payment my credit card balance never seems to go down. It gets down to 40 at night and our apartment has no heat.
But no. I'm going to be talking about all of the good things going on in my life. Because you know what? I've got quite a few. And I'm not even going to make a trite list like usual! Granted, I just happened to change my mind because the previous sentence I just deleted read "and I'm going to do it with a trite list!"
First, there's work. Now, I love love love my job, but I'm not going to go into great detail on the internet about it, because you never know who might get bored in the office one day and rub google the right way and stumble upon this. That's why I don't really mention names or jobs or anything. Not because I have anything bad to say or that I'm worried this could get me fired (scatology sometimes runs rampant in my office), but I mostly just don't want to look like a nerd. What if one day my boss or coworker finds my blog and discovers that unbeknownst to them, I have been writing about all of our good times and relationships on the internet. It just seems weird. My general rule of thumb is that you have to be a reader of this thing, or at least aware of it, to get mentioned. Of course, there are exceptions...like the homeless man with the pink sock. Anyway, suffice it to say that I love my job because I have the opportunity to be creatively involved with the process of making television on a daily basis. I know that sounds like some rehearsed bullshit, but it's true. I'm doing some cool stuff. Granted, it's for reality television, which isn't really my one true love, but it's TV and you can see the Hollywood Sign from where I work.
Another good thing...one of my stories has been optioned. Even though it was optioned by my former boss, I'm just thrilled that someone, or anyone, is interested in getting my work made. It's pretty cool. Much like the privacy policy I just mentioned for work-related posts, I don't want to go into too much detail about this either. Everything is preliminary, and anything can change. I don't want anything coming back to bite me in the ass.
Finally, I'm running a full marathon in June and raising 5,000 dollars for the Leukemia and Lymphoma society. I set up a website and everything, and pretty soon I'll post the link to the website right here. For some odd reason, I've rapidly depleted any drive to continue to write this blog, so just be thankful for what you got and then get out of the house. It's Saturday for God's sake.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Getting out of the house for me last night was eating 3 slices of Domino's pizza! And attemptin' to audio bay chat!!
I just made an awesome slideshow-- you would be proud. Plus, I stole some of your moves from my birthday one! I think I may make a rule that I'm not allowed to make lists anymore. Maybe. I should write a Pros and cons list? (sorry, that was lame.)
I'm sure glad this blog was neither a list nor trite!
Post a Comment