I'm going to keep this short because I still haven't watched the Futurama movie (tried to last night but fell asleep at like midnight. Pathetic.) and I want to do that, read, and run today. Since it's only 2:30, you'd think that I have plenty of time to get all of that done and then some, but that's not the case for me. Once you take into account the hours of needless puttering and ridiculous internet searching I do, there's not a lot of time for good, planned fun.
Writing every day never worked out. Nobody blogs anymore. Remember when we were all so addicted to sharing every intimate detail of our lives? No way would we have believed 11 months ago that this was just a fad. I've been staring at those pictures of Baggy with a mustache for weeks now. Dani has updated twice since Halloween, both of them being lackluster To-Do lists. Dangles is most reliable but I skip the Coffee Shop reviews and don't pretend you don't do the same. There really is no excuse for me. I should be writing more, period, whether it's my treatment or a spec script or even some lame ass blog where all I do is talk about how lazy I am. Here's a poll I found. I'm going to use it as a template for the rest of this. It's about 2007.
1) DRINKING BUDDY OF THE YEAR
The roommates, definitely. I basically didn't drink from February until July, but once we moved in together, I quickly made up for lost time.
2) LIFETIME SERVICE AWARD (longest friend)
I met Alicia my Freshman year, and despite me being in LA and her being in China, we're still close.
3) NEWCOMER AWARD - COOLEST NEWEST FRIEND?
I'd have to say Flavin. Even though we were always friends, we weren't that close but now that we live together we are a pair of ridiculous sons of bitches.
3)HIGH POINT OF THE YEAR?
Raising $3,999 for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and running the Walt Disney World Half Marathon. Yup, that was 2007.
4) LOW POINT OF THE YEAR?
When both of my Grandpas died within 10 days of each other. Grandpa Ochoa died on the 4th of July and my roommates were too busy getting shitfaced with the neighbors all day to seem to care at all. Went home. On my way to visit my Grandma in the hospital (she couldn't go to her husbands funeral because she had just had open heart surgery) we got a call that Grandpa Balagna had a stroke. I flew back home and two days later got the call that I need to go back to Michigan for a second funeral.
5) BEST HOLIDAY?
My Birthday. I was back in Chicago for graduation, got to see everyone there, then went home to my family, then celebrated turning 23 with a party thrown by Millie, Marisol, and Annie at Midway during my layover.
6) YOUR SONG FOR 2007
"Starlight" by Muse. I listend to it every day on my way to my internships.
7) MOVIE FOR 2007?
"Knocked Up," motherfuckers. "Knocked Up."
10) WHO DID YOU SPEND VALENTINES WITH?
I don't even remember. Was I still in Chicago? Either way, the answer is still no one.
11) BEST RELATIONSHIP?
Next question, please.
12) WHAT WERE YOU FOR HALLOWEEN
A carnie!
13) RESTAURANT OF THE YEAR?
MexiCali. It's walking distance, the food is edible, and the Margaritas are (usually) strong and tasty.
14) KISS OF THE YEAR?
I'm going to say nothing more than it was in January, we almost got murdered that night, and it wins out of sheer ridiculousness, not romance. The other party involved should know exactly what I'm talking about.
15) BEST DECISION MADE THIS YEAR?
Move to LA? I think?
16) MOST INTERESTING DRUNK STORY?
See question 14.
17) TV SHOW OF THE YEAR?
Veronica Mars. Rest in Peace.
18) MOST LOYAL FRIEND?
That's hard. I can't pick one over any others.
19) BIGGEST CHANGE OF THE YEAR?
Moving across the country.
20) NEW YEAR RESOLUTION?
Run a marathon. Keep working on my attitude problems.
I'm home for Christmas in two weeks. Thanksgiving wasn't very relaxing at all (did I ever write about that?) so I'm excited to have eight days to do nothing in particular. I really want to snowboard when I'm home, but will have to rent one since I already brought my board out here and don't feel like lugging it back again. I'm also excited beyond belief to go back to Chicago for New Years. Now that I'm a grown up and doing grown up things, I can't wait to be with my old friends and act like a complete jackass once more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow, I'm glad no one reads my coffee shop reviews. I ONLY DID TWO. Anyway, I'm looking at my google search bar and "bay city" is typed in. I'm determined to be your best kiss of the year. Wait, didn't we open-mouth in Vegas after taking Soco lime shots?
I admit, I blog with the frequency of a solar eclipse. How did I think of things to write about every single day for two years? MY life is boring as shit! I'll try to write more, by which I mean I'll write one or two blogs and probably forget to do it again for a month or two. Maybe I'll even do this survey!
I'll do an end-of-the year one! ... or maybe a to-do list for next year...
NYEIGTBGAFOA! (see below)
New Years Eve is going to be great and full of adventures! Did you guess right?
Post a Comment