Thursday, August 09, 2007

Allow me to explain.

A few minutes ago I was looking on facebook for probably the 20th time today. Somebody I barely know who I worked with two years ago had uploaded a new photo album, and I clicked to see the pictures. That's when it dawned on me.

I don't care about this kid's pictures. I don't care what he's up to. I don't about him in general. So why did I feel so inclined to view his latest album?

Then, I went back to the list of updated profiles and scrolled down the rest of the friends.

And honestly, I have no reason to care what 99 percent of those people are up to right now.

I didn't delete my facebook because I am friends with a lot of people on there who I have no other way of contacting. However, I just crossed into a new state of consciousness. A plane of existence that not many other people my age have experienced. It's the place you go when you realize that at the end of the day, Facebook is a gigantic waste of time.

And no, I'm not drunk and feeling rebellious. If you want to know my work info, favorite quotes, or status, then fucking ask me. Don't look it up on a web page.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have the magic elves put a spell on you?

That's quite the gigantic step into adulthood you've just taken! I'm quite proud of you! I, however, am not ready to do such a thing. AND I have someone I wanted to tag you as in my England pictures when I finally post them. Maybe I'll do it anyway just for old time's sake.

Anonymous said...

You deleted your myspace account. This affects me because now I can no longer read the witty comments you've left when I go back and read the last three years of blogs I've written. Boooooooo.

But I understand the sentiment.

Anonymous said...

i'll still be checking your status and such on facebook is that going to be a problem?