Thursday, May 10, 2007

And that's how I finish college

Now, it was never a secret that I didn't exactly put forth A+ effort in my online class. Even now that it's over, I still couldn't tell you what the name of it was. (Some combination of the words "Biology, Human, and Anatomy). In fact, I'm not even exaggerating when I say that I spent more time deciding on what flavor Pop-Tarts to buy each week, than I did studying, doing assignments, or even taking tests. Case in point, tonight was the final night that the final exam was available. It's quite an inconvenience that even though we are supposed to have until midnight to take these things, I only had until 10 pm because of the time change, but I won't complain. So here I am. It's 8:30, I'm still dicking around looking at apartments and chatting on AIM, when I finally decide that this 24 page, 134 question final isn't going to half-ass itself. So I sign on, answer a few questions, and I just think to myself..."I hate this and don't want to do it."

Sure, online tests are super easy because you can read your notes and check Wikipedia.

Sure, I still had an hour and a half to do it.

Sure, I want to impress my mom.

But, well, FUCK ALL OF THAT. It was my last college final ever, and I couldn't have given a shit even if I tried. So, I did what any self-respecting soon-to-be-art-school-graduate would do. I answered D for everything. Judging by the fact that I was even getting frustrated with how long it took me to take the final when all I was doing was checking in the D box, it would be safe to assume that had I even tried to answer the questions, I would have been in a most unsavory mood.

So that's that. Sure, I don't graduate until Saturday, and I'm still interning full-time until the end of June (suuuuck), but I'm basically, almost, somewhat, maybe done with college? Now whenever I watch TV shows or movies about kids in school, I can silently think to myself "Haha, those suckers." I don't think the fact that I am a full-fledged member of the real world will hit me until I'm done at Weinstein and Offspring, though. Once I'm not working 45 hours a week for free, I'll stop considering myself a college student.

On another note, and a VERY VERY exciting one at that, I am going in for a "preliminary interview and meet & greet" with the writer's assistants for an actual TV show. This is me exercising discretion and not posting all sorts of shit that shouldn't be on the internet for all the world to see. Suffice it to say, it's a scripted show, it's on cable, and some of you may have heard of it. I'm REALLY excited because a job as a writer's assistant is NOT easy to come by. If I could actually get one...well...wow. I've been so lucky with everything since I got out here. Sometimes I can't believe it myself. I mean, do I really deserve such awesome things?

We'll see how this all pans out. If anything, I intend to at least knock everyone's socks off so that even if this show isn't hiring, they all remember me and love me and find another program for me to work on.

Oh, and I met Rosario Dawson today. That didn't seem like it needed to be kept secret.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh how i love thee. see, i post comments now you must blog a sonnet about me.

Anonymous said...

You. Badass.

P.S. How are you getting your cap and gown? (I was doing surveys for my department at cap and gown pickup yesterday and saw your name) I guess you can just pick it up at the ceremony supposedly

Also,
Where are you staying when you come in town? We have a futon your welcome to if you need it.

That's all. See ya tomorrow! FOR REALZ

Anonymous said...

You do deserve great things! Especially great things like meeting Rosario Dawson!


You're coming to Chicago today!!!!

Anonymous said...

my favorite flavor of Pop-Tart is frosted brown sugar cinnamon, but I also like S'mores, and chocolate fudge. MMMM.


see you tomorrow! = )